12 Dec Join the BFPG Advisory Board
The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG) is recruiting Advisory Board members to support us in the next stage of our growth. BFPG is the UK’s leading think tank focused on the interface between foreign and domestic policy and we believe that effective foreign policy decision-making requires diverse insights and expertise. Bringing together experts from across business, civil society, government and academia, our advisory board will help guide and support BFPG’s work in this next stage of our development.
The British Foreign Policy Group (BFPG) is an independent, non-partisan and not-for-profit think tank dedicated to advancing the UK’s global influence, at a crucial time in the nation’s modern history. Our core objective is to bridge the link between the domestic and international spheres – recognising that Britain’s foreign policy choices are shaped by our social, economic and democratic landscape at home. Our mission supports Britain as a strong, engaged and influential global actor. We promote democratic values, liberal societies, and the power of multilateralism – and we recognise Britain’s critical international responsibility to uphold and extend these throughout the world. The BFPG believes that a strong and united nation at home is the essential foundation of an effective and cohesive UK foreign policy.
The Advisory Board offers strategic direction, supports the growth of BFPG’s network, and contributes to our ambition to bring the worlds of foreign and domestic policy closer.
The members of our Advisory Board play a pivotal role in the success of the British Foreign Policy Group. Their responsibilities include:
– Offering strategic advice and direction on the future trajectory and growth of the BFPG.
– Fostering connections with key stakeholders and helping expand our network of influential leaders, academics, and policymakers.
– Assisting in resource mobilisation to support the BFPG’s operations.
– Actively promoting the organisation’s work and mission in their networks and spheres of influence.
Board members are expected to participate in quarterly meetings, as well as contributing advice and support as appropriate. The initial appointment is for three years. Advisory Board membership is unremunerated, but reasonable expenses will be paid.
Ideal candidates will have:
– A strong understanding of/interest in British foreign policy and international relations.
– A commitment to promoting informed discourse and thought leadership.
– A strong network within their chosen domain and/or the ability to connect with influential individuals and organisations.
– A passion for championing a diversity of perspectives in UK foreign policymaking.
At the core of BFPG’s work is a belief that bringing together a diversity of perspectives on UK foreign policy is important for strengthening the UK’s international activities. We therefore strongly welcome applications from candidates from a variety of backgrounds and ages. We very much welcome applications from all the nations and regions of the UK. If you don’t meet all of the criteria but nonetheless feel you have something to contribute to the
Advisory Board, we would encourage you to apply.
To apply for a position on our Advisory Board, please submit the following materials:
– A résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
– A short cover letter explaining your interest in joining the Advisory Board and what you could contribute to the British Foreign Policy Group.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 12th January 2024. To apply please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very happy to answer any questions you may have, but please direct them to this inbox and not to individual staff members.
Candidates successful at the initial application stage will be invited to a short interview in mid-January 2024. Board members will take up their positions from February 2024.